DID YOU KNOW?
MARKETING TO MILLENNIAL'S
The millennial generation (persons born between 1981 and 1996), are starting to enter the housing market in growing numbers. According to the National Association of Realtors, millennial's make up nearly a third of prospective renters and home buyers. Millennial's are a segment of the housing market that must be catered to by knowledgeable real estate investors.
In marketing to this generation there are some specific characteristics that you must know. Millennial's are more:
- educated – they understand and utilize the resources presented in online research;
- environment – they look for housing near to their employment;
- cautious – they are more cautious in how they spend their money;
- lethargic – they look for short-cuts to achievements; and
- life style – they look for a more social environment.